The Salesforce Winter ’23 Release Notes are here! We’ve gone through every page and highlighted new features and enhancements that affect your Salesforce experience overall.
- The requirement to use multi-factor authentication (MFA) when accessing Salesforce products went into effect on February 1, 2022. All users must now use MFA when they log in to Salesforce, whether they’re logging in directly or using single sign-on (SSO). To help customers satisfy this requirement, in the first half of 2023, Salesforce is automatically enabling MFA for direct logins. In fall 2023, Salesforce is enforcing MFA by making it a permanent part of the Salesforce login process.
- This release update has been postponed indefinitely and not enforced in its present form. Don’t enable it.
- To improve address data accuracy and your users’ experience, create custom fields that mimic the behavior of standard address fields.
- Now your service agents can find relevant articles faster and respond to customers more accurately for expedited case resolution. Einstein Search for Knowledge is now generally available.
- Your agents can take immediate action by using Einstein Search Answers to extract the most relevant information from a knowledge article. The returned answers are just three lines so that agents can copy the answer and its internal link to their clipboard and then share it without leaving the page. Previously, agents opened the record page and then copied the URL and section of an article.
- Territory managers and service resources can now create shifts in recurring patterns, such as daily, weekly, or monthly. The recurrence period must be less than or equal to 120 days from the date that the recurrence period begins.
- Provide service resources the flexibility to take appointments from anywhere by creating shifts with different engagement channels. An admin can create engagement channels, such as in-person, video, and phone, that service resources can add to their shifts and work types. Territory managers and service resources can define the availability of resources for these engagement channels by adding one or more engagement channels to a shift. Salesforce Scheduler shows service resources and available time slots based on the engagement channel that a user selects while creating an appointment.
- Territory managers and service resources can define the availability of resources for multiple topics by adding one or more topics to a shift. Use Work Type Group to define topics. If the Salesforce Scheduler for Health Cloud option is enabled, then define topics by using Work Type. Salesforce Scheduler shows service resources and available time slots based on the topic that a user selects when creating an appointment.
If you would like to learn more about the Salesforce Winter ’23 Release, please contact us.
Consumer Goods Cloud Consultant Leader
Over the years, we have been using our experience to help digitally transform the consumer goods industry. As our main industry focus, we are proud to be on the Consumer Goods Cloud Partner Advisory Board, in addition to being the exclusive US launch partner of the Salesforce TPM Pilot.
About Corrao Group
Since 2002, we have been helping B2B organizations of all sizes optimize their business processes with Salesforce and their third-party applications. As everyday Salesforce power users, Corrao Group understands how flexible the Salesforce platform is to support every business department. We’ve worked with nearly 1,050+ customers, implementing, customizing, and optimizing over 2,150+ Salesforce projects. If you are interest d in learning more about how Corrao Group can help your company, read our reviews on G2!